Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Wow it has been a hole month since I last posted, It boy have I been busy.I am working on a couple different rusty pieces that are in various stages of completeness.
I just went to a resist workshop out on the seacoast of NH with Wen Redmond. This was a great workshop and we went over a lot of techniques. I really liked working with Wen she has a great sense of humour and is laid back. This type of personality is good for me she allowed me to progress at my pace. I would love to take further workshops with her. Hopefully I will upload some pics of the samples we did soon. I really liked the wax resist and intend to find a workshop in the fall that focuses on wax/ soy/ gutta resists and even a Batik class maybe.
I was also able to do some sun printing today and am quite pleased with the results I think some of this material will find a home in one of those rusty pieces. Again hope to blog pics of it soon, but for tonight I am to tired.
I am going to spend the day tomorrow in Laconia NH at Weirs Beach were all the action is on bike week. Hopefully I will find myself a t-shirt and some riding glasses that I really do need. Looking forward to taking some pictures of all the activities and maybe I will be able to spot a classic rusty bike. There I go with the rusty stuff again Oh well.

No comments: