Friday, December 4, 2009

So is That What It Looks Like?

The November Fast Friday Fabric Challenge, microscopic and paint or dye

Cellular view of a condition I have, was amazed when I looked it up it was kind of pretty on a cellular level.

Started with deconstructed screen printing using dyes, then added some stenciling with fabric paint, minimal free motion thread work topped off with puff paint to give it that 3-d quality.
Finished at 8.5 x 11 in

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Screen Printing

I have been taking a online screen printing class at Quilt with artist Lyric Kinard. I have had a blast experimenting with some new techniques and look forward to applying to my work after I practice a little more. Here are some samples so far

Saturday, October 31, 2009

This piece utilized several techniques that included freezer paper stencil on a silk screen for the shadow moose (Lyric Kinard's class). The front moose was transformed using Beth Wheelers difusement maps tutorial and digitally printed, I used trupunto to bring it forward more. The background is paint sticks on a hand painted background and the thread work added.

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Silk Screen with rust

I tried silk screening with rust and was happy with original results. Will continue to play and hope for some results that I can wear on a T-shirt.

Cosmos, Fast Friday Challenge

This Ia a mixed media piece for the Fast Friday Challenge. I used black canvas and added layers of paper towels with Shiva paint stick rubbings. There is decorative rice paper, cheese cloth, metallic paints and finished with some sprinklings of beads. I think this looks to crowded but did enjoy playing with some things I am not used to working with.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

I Am Published!!

I just received my complimentary copies of Oct/Nov Quilting Arts Magazine and it has my technique article in there. Check out Sub Urban Art, Selective Rusting with Rita Legere by Ann Flaherty. It is just so exciting I am beyond myself.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Rusty school bus

Started working on this bus, process is a little different,
I sketched outline on Kona muslin and then waxed it with batik wax. I then added the rusty stuff and some vinegar covered it in plastic and waited a couple hours. It was rinsed and dried. I am somewhat pleased with outcome all though the rust did melt into some of the wax. So the borders of bus are not a defined as I would have liked. I think I can work with the results and plan on painting maybe tomorrow will see how the day goes.