Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've Gut A Hole In My Patch




The fabric was hand dyed. I then hand painted medical equipment and thread painted the finish.
The original idea was from an online challenge of showing artistically a old quilt or pattern. I came up with the pattern of nine patch and just kept saying it in my head for days trying to come up with a idea "nine patch, nine patch, nine patch". It was coming out of a shower when I looked into the mirror and said to myself now don't I look like a nine patch. Within just a few moments I could see in my brain the quilt. It even threw me what a concept using my own medical equipment in an art piece that I called my sister and run it by her first. Even she agreed it was pretty out there but by then I had to do it.
Oh ya in case you had not figured it out yet, or just have never been exposed before the painted circle things are ostomy flanges.

No comments: