Sunday, June 21, 2009

60's Style










This piece has been a challenge for me from conception, I have had to use and stretch some design principles. I have had trouble with getting the perspective correct for both vehicles, Since they are two separate photos taken at separate times this has been troubling. I have worked it out well I think.
I used my Selective rusting technique on the vehicles and was able to add some rust to the quilted rock wall to add depth and dimension to it. I have used mostly rusted fabrics on the background and border to enhance the picture.
I finished the background quilting on this to keep the hole piece simplistic and I think it helps give more weight to the feeling of it being aged. The tulle shadow add just the right touch.

Finished piece is 21.5 x 29.5 inches





No comments: